Following on from my previous Blog Post posing the question: Is Blogging Important For Business, here are my top tips for writing a Blog post.
- Understand what it is your Blogging about. What is the purpose? Are you solving a problem or answering a question for your reader? The beginning is the most important step!
- Visualise your reader. It will assist you in creating the best content and keep them engaged.
- Use a Post Title that will draw readers into your Blog. You could ask a question or personalise the title or make a big statement (just make sure you can back up that statement).
- Blog Post Length. Blogging experts can’t seem to agree on the optimal Blog length. So, whether it’s 400 words or 1,400 words, make sure your content is worth reading. If your blog requires a lot of text to fulfill the intent of your Blog, then write long-form. If it doesn’t than write your blog post with a length that solves the problem or answers the question. If the content is shorter in length use images to optimise SEO in the background.
- Regardless of the length, write content that is of high value. Depending on the topic, you may need to write in a conversational tone, or perhaps you can be very succinct, add in dot points and keep if brief.
- Content is always king, so stick to the purpose of solving a problem for you reader or answering that question. Be sure to vary up the paragraph length to keep the reader engaged.
- Use visual content to increase your readers engagement. Pictures still speak a thousand words so add compelling images or videos. It will help your Blog get noticed.
These are tips that I have learnt along my digital marketing journey and I hope they help you either get started on your Blogging journey or increase the effectiveness of your future pots.
Yes $14 million a month from Blogging. I won’t pretend that we’re all about to turn over anywhere close to that kind of revenue, but a Blog that started in 2005 by a blogger-cum-celebrity Arianna Huffington, is now turning over that kind of coin and receiving an estimated 110,000,000 unique monthly visitors at https://www.huffpost.com/. Can you imagine!
So whilst Huff Post has been 14 years in the making the question needs to be asked: Is Blogging Important for Business?
Chances are if you’re reading this you’re running a business and have had at some stage tried to decipher that question: Is Blogging is worth my time and energy? Well the great news is the answer is a resounding YES.
I will start out by clarifying “What is a BLOG”? In its simplest form – Blogs are informal articles, thoughts and ideas written (more often than not) by business peeps who wish to show leadership and expertise on a topic in their field. The Blogs are then attached to the businesses website where they live online for visitors to the website to access.
Okay so the next question may be – what are the benefits of blogging for a website? Here’s my top 10 benefits of blogging for your business:
- It’s a great way to boost search engine optimisation into your website, because………
- You are giving more content to Google to index, which means,
- It will assist your website in being ranked by Google.
- It helps people connect to your business, product or service;
- Creates opportunities for sharing, by inviting guest bloggers to blog for your site;
- It can help establish new relationships with clients or strengthen existing relationships;
- Enhances your inbound marketing efforts, driving traffic to your site;
- Provides benefit to your readers by helping answer a question or solving a problem;
- Increases website traffic which allows for………….
- Free marketing for your business.
The above list could easily be a top 20, as what other marketing tool allows you to create a flexible way to reach your audience in a tangible and minimal spend kind of way! Blogging really does provide an accommodating way to market your business and or service, and similarly anchors the text to your site, rather than getting lost in a social media frenzy (aka the bombardment last week of the whole click frenzy shopping bonanza).
How your Blog looks, reads and the way in which you write is all part of your brands voice. Much like using your business logo, social media posts and other marketing communication, your Blog is an extension of your business brand. Blogging helps build trust in your business and as mentioned in benefit number 5 – helps connect you to your current customers or potential new ones. Research tells us that already in 2019 eight out of ten Australian’s shop online and in 2020, every one out of 10 things will be purchased online(1). These stat’s show the strength and importance of having an online presence and Blogging sits nicely as one of the top ways to grow your online presence.
So if you’ve been thinking about getting a Blog started, now is the time. Start by getting your thoughts typed up or written down and you can read our tips and tricks to writing your Blog on our next Blog post!! If you want your website to have a Blog but don’t have the time and creative flair to get it going, drop us a line and we can work with you on your content strategy.
- Source – https://www.webalive.com.au/ecommerce-statistics-australia/