What’s important for your website content?
You and I both know that there are some seriously awesome websites out there. I know that because I have built some myself (client and self rated of course 😊). Some however look pretty, give you a feeling that they will answer your question, need, desire etc, but when you read teh content, you’re not sure what they do or even if they have what you’re looking for!
Whilst images are worth there wait in gold, don’t disappoint your online visitor with poor content. Let them know that YOUR business will be the solution to their question. Let your organised, researched and well written content do the talking. Get them interested with a picture, but WOW them with your knowledge, offering and up-to-date content.
I understand whole-heartedly the demands on small business owners. I, like lots of you reading this, have a family, share the running of a household, study, run a business, make time to exercise, spend time with friends and yep, also hang out on social media. So, my time, like YOURS is super important to me. I don’t want to waste what seems like precious seconds reading something that gets me know closer to what I was looking for in the first place. With that in mind, here my top tips (for this month) on creating super awesome content:
- Be the solution to your visitor’s question/need/desire;
- Don’t deliver hard to digest information. Write CLEARLY in a font your visitors can read;
- If using information from other sites, cite it. Sharing is fine, just share it properly;
- Use appropriate photos to help your visitor get a feel for your content;
- Use keywords – SEO is Queen to your King (content) remember;
- Keep it current. Update it from time to time. Give the google bots a reason to love your site, and your customers a reason to return.
So what it really boils down to, is great content. Don’t be tricky about what you’re trying to convey to your online customer. Be direct, clear and upfront with your information, what you offer, and ultimately how you can solve the customers problem/need/desire.
May your day be fabulous and your business prosperous.
p.s Remember – I build awesome websites that work!