The ability to track website visitors is an important addition to any website, and whilst the list could possibly be endless, we have collated our top 8 reasons for why you should be utilising Google Analytics on your website.
As a FREE website tool Google Analytics is one of the most popular digital software tools available. It allows you to analyse the way visitors interact with your website and provides valuable insights that can help build your online presence.
Since most businesses now have some form of online presence through a website, it becomes vital to understand the workings of your website, what it is achieving and what your visitors are looking at most.
In a nutshell Google Analytics lets you know what pages people are visiting, for how long and what they do on your site. Whether you’re selling sports shoes, travel, rainwater tanks or a beauty service, understanding your visitor’s online behaviours can deliver better results.
My timing for writing this article seems like the moons have aligned. I received an email yesterday to join in our Champions Group (the one our educators and online mentors run) to hook into a 7-week webinar starting last night. These webinars are always engaging and allow us to continue our online education and pass on these learning’s to our client’s online needs. Yesterday however I felt those aligning moons when Matt our online guru mentioned the importance of Google Analytics and tracking the results. So, bingo here is our latest article fresh from the keyboard on our top 8 reasons for using Google Analytics to get an insight into your online visitors:
- Google Analytics is FREE. They say nothing is for free these days, but in this case it is true. To gain all these valuable business building insights will cost you zip, nada, zilch, nought, zero! So, if you haven’t been tracking your data, now is most definitely the time start.
- Google Analytics provides information to understand and analyse the pages that have popped with your audience. This can help you in so many ways including in keyword research, future blogs posts and content strategy.
- From the data you can create reports customisable reports for your business. When you know for example who your site visitors are by gender, geographic location and age you can enhance their user experience and then work on customising your site so to make it more useful for them.
- It helps your websites SEO. If you have worked with us, you have most definitely heard us talk about SEO or search engine optmisation. The more organic traffic you can create on your site the more leads you are likely to gain, which ideally turns into more business.
- Google Analytics allows you to see why visitors maybe be bouncing off your website. Bounce rate refers to visitors who leave your website after only checking out one page. With your Google Analytics report you can see which page(s) this affects and make changes to the page(s) accordingly.
- As if you needed more love for Google Analytics, but this awesome tool will allow you to understand more about which social media platforms to target. It’s hard go past how successful social media platforms are for driving people to your website, so why not understand which ones work best for your business.
- Content is King. I’ll write it again. Content is King! Having the right amount of content on your website is CRUCIAL if you want your website to not just laze about on a back page of Google. Content helps drive traffic to your website and if Google Analytics can show you what blog posts people love, well you might just be able to rework one of your previous top posts and generate more traffic. You’ll need Google Analytics to help you find out the answers though!
- To see if your reaching your online business GOALS. Of course, that does mean you need to think about your site in more than just a simplistic approach and add it into your marketing plan, or business strategy. For example if lead generation is a goal and you have this on your site via a “subscribe button”, well tracking the goal via your Google Analytics information helps you know if it’s working.
Google Analytics is a well utilised solution for tracking the ins and outs of your site visitors and it’s FREE. Setting up time is minimal and there are some amazing tutorials to watch which will guide you through the process. Time well spent for results that can assist in the performance of your business.