Following on from my previous Blog Post posing the question: Is Blogging Important For Business, here are my top tips for writing a Blog post.
- Understand what it is your Blogging about. What is the purpose? Are you solving a problem or answering a question for your reader? The beginning is the most important step!
- Visualise your reader. It will assist you in creating the best content and keep them engaged.
- Use a Post Title that will draw readers into your Blog. You could ask a question or personalise the title or make a big statement (just make sure you can back up that statement).
- Blog Post Length. Blogging experts can’t seem to agree on the optimal Blog length. So, whether it’s 400 words or 1,400 words, make sure your content is worth reading. If your blog requires a lot of text to fulfill the intent of your Blog, then write long-form. If it doesn’t than write your blog post with a length that solves the problem or answers the question. If the content is shorter in length use images to optimise SEO in the background.
- Regardless of the length, write content that is of high value. Depending on the topic, you may need to write in a conversational tone, or perhaps you can be very succinct, add in dot points and keep if brief.
- Content is always king, so stick to the purpose of solving a problem for you reader or answering that question. Be sure to vary up the paragraph length to keep the reader engaged.
- Use visual content to increase your readers engagement. Pictures still speak a thousand words so add compelling images or videos. It will help your Blog get noticed.
These are tips that I have learnt along my digital marketing journey and I hope they help you either get started on your Blogging journey or increase the effectiveness of your future pots.